- Gear hob cutting tools for gears, splines, multi-thread worms, serrations, sprockets, and other radially repeating forms
- Offered in a breadth of profiles including finishing involute, roughing involute, involute spline, pre-grind, pre-skive, cycloidal, and other special and custom profiles
- Custom-designed and optimized to each unique part
- Capabilities to meet AGMA AAA specifications
- Single or multi-start thread
- Optional hob stocking program and limited stock of hobs available for immediate delivery
- All industry-standard materials including S390, ASP2052, ASP2078, and premium carbide grades
- Advanced material offerings for medium- and coarse-pitch cutting, including MC90
- Superior tool life vs high-speed steels, approaching performance of carbide
- Increased productivity and tool life result in low cost comparable to high-speed steel
Hobs, milling cutters, and shaper cutters in both bore and shank-type designs, provided with material and coating options that promote the optimization of tool life and cost. Our team serves as your dedicated partner in the design, development, and delivery of each cutting tool solution.
Superior tool life.
Helios fine-pitch carbide gear cutting tools are ground to maintain tooth profile accuracy from the front to nearly the back of the tooth, promoting longevity in re-sharpenings per tool. This is accomplished without altering flute widths, providing you a tool with up to 15% longer tool life compared to typical tools.
We offer Oerlikon Balzers Balinit® gear tool coatings, such as TiAlN (“Futura Nano”), AlCrN (“Alcrona”), and the latest generation, "Altensa," which offers up to 30% longer tool life in aggressive cutting conditions. Additionally, we offer AlTiCrN (“Exxtral Silver”), AlCrTiN (“Tigral”), and TiAlCN (“Variantic”) from Voestalpine Eifeler Coatings.
Improved Tool Life
- TiN 50% 50%
- TiAIN 65% 65%
- AiCrN 78% 78%
- Altensa 100% 100%
- HSS 50% 50%
- MC90 75% 75%
- Carbide 100% 100%